Future Cities support renewed
The Ove Arup Foundation has recently announced support for the The Smallpeice Trust project Future Cities.
The Smallpeice Trust Future Cities summer course will enable young people to discover more about education and careers needed to build our future environment. The course will help address barriers faced by children in gaining engineering knowledge in their formative years.
Future Cities 2023 will run as a livestream virtual course and will be delivered in the summer holiday period of 2023.
The course will present a modern view of engineering through a variety of hands-on activities and talks. Subjects will include An Introduction to Civil Engineering, Foundations for Electrification, Future Transport of Cities, Resilient and Smart Bridges, Renewable Energy and Water, and Sustainable Homes. There will be opportunities to engage with University Ambassadors through the presentations and discussions.
Students on the course will benefit from: -
- Access to engineering role models and inspirational speakers
- Academics from the participating university
- A Smallpeice Education Officer, who has a background in STEM
- A supporting Course Administrator
- Online supervisors for group working sessions
- An opportunity to experience a Higher Education establishment
Information about the course can be found at this link.